Author Topic: State of bitcoin in your country  (Read 173 times)

gardo

• View Profile
State of bitcoin in your country
« on: February 07, 2018, 04:05:42 am »
Hello, I wanted to know how very diverse we are here and also what's the stand of your country in bitcoin now?

As for me, I am living in Philippines. Our government stand on bitcoin is still neutral as they are still studying more about it. They wanted to regulate it but they do not have an idea yet on how they will do it. Instead what they regulated are the remittance centers that caters bitcoin, one example is coins.ph. Anti-money laundering policy are extremely observed in this remittance centers. I have seen many coins.ph users who have their account locked because of unexplained sum of money. Coins.ph took the initiative to investigate it themselves before the government find out about this. Anyway getting back to the topic, I'm believing that bitcoin would be openly welcomed here in the Philippines once our central bank have studied more about it. As for now, they just keep reminding the general public to take extra precaution in investment schemes that is riding in the hype of bitcoin.

usman

• View Profile
Re: State of bitcoin in your country
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 10:37:05 am »
I live in Pakistan. It is illegal in my country to trade or buy bitcoins.